Thursday, September 1, 2011

Delt Domination!!

Hey folks!!

Hope this Day before TGIF finds you well. I feel much more rested than yesterday. Even though a suffered a mild stomach ache last night that kept me in bed most of the night when I got home from the gym. Im feeling good now and ready to take on this day!

Last night 's shoulder workout was the bomb diggity! Blood was pumping and muscles were looking nice and full. I had a workout partner which helps when I need to go heavy especially on pressing movements. Having a good workout partner is very important. You need someone that will push you beyond what u would do by yourself, that wont talk your ear off and one that knows how to spot! My pet peeve is when a spotter pushs the weight for me at least hear me grunt before you help me geez! I actually prefer working out by myself but needed to try and max out on presses.

Last night's shoulder workout:
-started with db shoulder press did 4 sets ended with 45's for 12 reps was going to go up to 50's but my rigth shoulder was giving me fits so i will attack the 50's next week
-db laterals (side raises) did 3 sets of 12 with 25's last set I dropped weight and had my partner put resistance on my arms as I try to raise them as if i had dumbbells in my hand did that till i couldnt raise my hands anymore(stold that from the awesome DLB!!)
-db front raises 3 sets
-on cable machine did bent over flyes to target the rear delts supersetted with barbell upright rows
-then i did a different angle on cables again targeting rear delts raised the cables up to shoulder level criss crossed my hands stand straight up and with elbows sightly bent beginning with hands in middle slowly pull arms out to side keeping them shoulder level.
-went to shoulder press machine I sat backwards on it and pressed it up that way feel it in my front delts love the angle!
-ended with the seated lateral machine I like to end with this cause it also hits the traps as well. my last set i do burn out sets till im blur in the face :)
It was a very good workout! I didnt do cardio cause my stomach started hurting at end of my workout so i had to go home and skip cardio which I hate to do.

Tonight is my off day at the gym! Which I really need. I cant stress enough how important rest is to grow! I see guys in the gym all the time who workout every single day and the look horrible. They have flat muscles and look very drained. The best bodybuilders in the world give there bodies at least one if not two days off a week to rest. REST TO GROW!!!

My diet is going good no changes still the boring high protein and high carb diet. Although last night when I left gym even though my tummy was hurting I was craving a hamburger sooooo bad! I had to remind myself its just a 2 second gratification them bam its on yo hips!! Not worth it for two seconds of delight.

That's it for now!
Stay tuned tomorrow for more of my contest prep!

Stay Blessed!
JAimi Mize
Ladybug Fitness



No comments:

Post a Comment