Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby Got Back!!!

Hey everyone! Happy hump day! We are half way to Labor Day weekend! Booyay!!

Im exhausted I swear I feel like I just laid down when my alarm clock went off. Hate that but time to make things happen!

I had a very good leg workout yesterday focused alot on my glutes since that seems to be my weak area. Here is my workout I ended up doing:
-Started off with leg extensions to warm up, then treading up did about 8 sets on extensions on last set did the "Quincy Taylor" move I told you about yesterday that helps with definition tucking your hips up and squeezing quads with every rep
-Next, leg press, heavy last set just one plate did 100 reps (burn baby burn!!) I also supersetted this with step ups not allowing my foot to bounce off ground for momentum super burn on glutes
-Plie' squats (point your toes out to target your inner thighs)- I put two 10 pound plates on ground shoulder width apart and placed my heels on plates it puts more focus on your glutes
-Hack squats I alternated regular hack squats then would turn around point toes out wide again to put focus on inner thigh and glutes I supersetted this with split squats ( using a bench place one foot on bench and in lunge position wide on you can lunge down)
-lying hamstring curls I went extremely heavy by end maxed out around 200 supersetted with calf raises
-ended with this awesome glute machine making sure I squeeze with every rep to get full effect cause alot of glute machines do the work for you.
So intense workout but as you can see no deep squats for me partly due to the fact I forgot my lifting belt (safety comes first) and my knee was bugging me a bit but no worries I made up for it!
I finished my gym time with a hour on elliptical followed by stretching

Tonight I have a very heavy shoulder workout. My favorite bodypart to work cant wait!!!
I put alot of focus on lateral movements to round out my shoulder caps. So ill post my workout tomorrow! Stay tuned!!

Diet is still same high carbs and high protien for the time being :)

There comes a time when you are in the gym and tired or hungry or just not motivated I want you to remember this:
Yesterday as I was struggling to get through legs wanting to quit when Im not a quitter! I was doubled over breathing heavy from hack squats and look up to see this man on an ab machine. It was the ab machine where you had to tuck your legs under and the handle bars where above you and you had to pull down to crunch in, just to set the scene up for you. But one problem the man didnt have a right arm and his left arm was only past his elbow. This man (my unspoken hero) kept trying to pull up on this ab machine and it wouldnt move as many of us know its hard to work that machine without using handles. He tried over and over again he was able to use his short arm a bit and it would move maybe an inch. But he tried and tired and finally he got the machine to work just like if I were on it. That motivated me so much! If a man with no arms can work that machine I could sure get through my leg workout! He never gave up no matter what!! He should be an example to all of us! No matter your short comings you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it!!

On a lighter note my glutes are really starting to make an appearance oh yeah! J Lo better look out! ;)

Stay blessed!
Jaimi Mize
Ladybug Fitness




No comments:

Post a Comment