Monday, September 26, 2011

Supplements and Carb Loading

Hey everybody,

Sorry its been a week since my last post. I have been extremely busy. Trying to catch up on all my emails and clients workouts is keeping me on my toes!

I get alot of emails on what supplements I take. So I wanted to touch on that today.
Here are my supps as follows:
Womens multivitamin
fish oil and flaxseed oil
Glutamine ( a must!!! Helps with muscle recovery)
Jointment
BCAA (amino acids are very important)
Beta-Alanine ( this helps build muscle without gaining bodyfat, good dosage is 2-3 grams pre and post workouts)
D3 (good for muscle size and burning fat)
Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition
As far as protein powder I use Either Dymatize or Lean Body by Labrada Nutrition. I bloat easily so I can not use Whey has to be isolate.
So there are my supps sounds like alot by its so routine for me its not an issue. I firmly believe supps are very important and is vital in my program. Some people dont like to take them but if I didnt I wouldnt look as good as I do and feel as good as I do.

Another question I get is about how to "carb up"? I use this technique alot.
When you consume any carbs they get stored in your muscles as glycogen. Glycogen pulls large amounts of water into the muscles giving them that full look, or pump as we say.This is how to carb load: A day before you want to have full muscles or look your biggest (in a good way) eat about 4 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight. For the first 4-6 hours of the day eat simple carbs like sugar, fat-free candy and white bread. Later in the day use slower-digesting complex carbs like sweet potatoes, whole grain bread and pasta and oatmeal. This will help prevent the carbs from turning into bodyfat. Carb loading in this way works best if you first carb deplete for three days prior by eating less than 1/2 of carbs per pound of your weight, then up it to 4 g per bodyweight for two days. Any questions on this feel free to email me at jaimi_mize@yahoo.com

I will be hitting shoulders tomorrow so Ill fill you in on my workout afterwards.I have gained alot of muscle in a short period of time. I have been asked how and my answer always is I EAT!!! that is the best way to gain muscle. Eat to grow! Make sure you are choosing the right foods so it is not turning into bodyfat and into good quality muscle. Email me for tips jaimi_mize@yahoo.com

Go Cowboys!!
Stay Blessed!
Jaimi Mize
Ladybug Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment